Monday, April 29, 2013

Cake Show Entry

This past weekend I went to the North Texas Cake show. It was my first time going to a big show like this. I had signed up to do another entry also in the cupcake catagory, but after having a severe allergic reaction last week and being hospitalized...I was just happy to be able to pull this one off the night before the show! There were so many amazing cakes there and such talented cake artist!
I've been wanting to try this billowing effects for awhile now. I found a great tutorial here http://thejoyofcake.shutterfly.com/tutorials/4
The ribbon flowers I just kinda figured out ...I may snap a few pics and post a tutorial on here soon.

                      Fondant billowed cake with ribbon flowers
                                                                       

And an order of Teacup cookies....made to match the design of the tea cups being used

0 comments: